Friday, August 21, 2009

Picnik


Alana
Originally uploaded by rett66

This is a photo of my daughter, with the help of piknic technology I was able to create a photo with a few additions, I then saved it into my flickr account and was able to blog it from there. If you click on the photo it will take you straight to my flickr site and you will be able to view other photos I have saved there. This was fun although I called in a fellow student to guide me through some of the steps. Ah! yes us 'digital immigrants' can be taught anything. Not bad eh!

According to Prensky (2008), 'the role of technology in our classrooms is to support the new teaching paradigm'. A useful project incorporating this type of theory would be to have students experiment with images they have taken on school excursions or sporting events, then these images would be retrieved for use in school newsletters or perhaps be able to be used in the schools website promoting technology within the school environment.


Reference

Picnik, Inc. (2008). Retrieved August 23, 2009, from http://www.picnik.com/

Prensky, M. (2008). The role of technology. Retrieved August 28, 2009, from http://www.marcprensky.com/writing/Prensky-The_Role_of_Technology-ET-11-12-08.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment