Have I ever used this type of technology before? ‘NO’!
But thanks to the course I have undertaken this term I have a feeling this will not be the only form of technology I will be utilising. The capabilities of using a Blog as a device are substantial in the fact that you are able to publish your work directly. These posts can be as short or long as you want them to be and can be performed in a casual or more official manner. For the purpose of this course my blog or posts will be a little bit of both. According to Support blogging.com (2009), ‘blogging is about reading and writing, literacy is about reading and writing, blogging is about literacy. Surely blogging is a tool to enable, shape and enhance metacognition in everyone who uses it and especially in our youth.
Within the classroom (Blogger in the classroom, 2009), technology like this can be used for teachers to:
• Post resources, lessons, and homework.
• Keep parents up-to-date on class happenings.
• Reflect on their own teaching practices and share
their ideas with other educators.
• Share schoolwork with their peers, parents, and others.
• Collaborate on projects and get feedback from others.
• Keep a reflective journal throughout the school year.
Definitely food for thought here.
Educational blogging. (2009). What is a blog? Retrieved August 23, 2009, from
Blogger in the classroom. (2009). What is it? Retrieved August 23, 2009, from